Friday, March 13, 2015

Ways to Attract the Opposite Gender

I worked at a candy store during college. This job enabled me to meet a large variety of people, including single men. There weren't a large selection of eligible bachelors aimlessly wandering into a candy store in the mall, but the ones who came in made for an interesting job. One day, a nice looking guy came in, browsed the candy for a while, then approached the counter. We talked for a bit and he kept his comments to sarcastic half-truths. He told me he wanted to give my number to his friend, so I gave him my information. A few days later this boy contacted me letting me know that the phone number was for him, not his friend. Obviously. After a long day at work, we met for a date and his honesty continued to dazzle me. He mentioned that he ran away from home at 14, and we later ran into his sister at the movie theater. This is when things started to get good. During the movie I suppose he had made up his mind about not asking me out again. After a few failed attempts at making moves on me he told me the movie was boring so he thought he'd at least try to get some action. Clearly he's a gentleman. After the movie, he decided to get something to eat. We went to a drive through and he ordered himself some food. There were no offers to get me anything, so I didn't bother trying to order. Inconsequentially, I had worn my hair back that day. While he was driving away from the drive through, he asked, "Did you wear your hair like that to make yourself look less attractive?" This, luckily, was the one statement from the night where I knew he was being honest. I had no response to this but I was able to get him to take me home around this point. I then proceeded to tell this date story to everyone I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment