Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

I am not the world's suavest dater. This is evidenced best by a story from when I was 16 years old. I was at a church activity that ended with a dance. During the activity I had spent a lot of time with a boy I had met a few weeks earlier. We flirted a bit and enjoyed getting to know one another a bit better. As the evening was drawing to a close, he asked me to come with him to the chapel of the church where this event was being held. We walked up to a spot in the chapel where he bent down to pick up the roses he had brought me. My little 16 year-old brain was frantically trying to think of what I should do at this point. The solution that came to mind was to give him a high-five. Yep, a boy gave me roses and I gave him a high-five. Thus ended my relationship with rose boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment