Monday, July 3, 2017

Clear as Mud

I just got back from a date. We met, surprise, online. Expectations are always cloudy on dates, especially when you've never met. So here's how this date went.

I knew we had tentatively planned on meeting for lunch today. I kept checking back to see if he'd said anything about time or place but he never confirmed. Around lunch time he messaged me asking me if I wanted to go to lunch. I agreed, he offered some options of places to eat and times to meet. We set a time and place and met up. The place we ate is similar to Subway but serves pizza. You go down the line to progressively dress up your pizza. He told me I could go first, but that also meant I got to the end of the line first. When the guy at the cash register asked if I was paying for just the one pizza I had no idea what to respond. I simply said, "I don't know. [Date], are we paying together or separate?" He muttered about doing whatever for a few seconds, so I made the decision for him and said he could buy my pizza for me. I'm nice like that. :) I'm happy to go dutch if it's clarified beforehand but please clarify those expectations before it's time to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment